IntroductionSolar Skyways (www.solarskyways.net) is a network of universities around the world developing solar powered podcar systems. The founding university, San José State University in Silicon Valley, created the Spartan Superway in 2012, and recently 25 (mostly) engineering students have started into the sixth year of development. Spartan is the mascot of San José State (Webster's: a person of great courage and self-discipline) ...
|... so logically, the Spartan appears also in the Spartan Superway logo:
In due course it was discovered that SPARTAN can have another meaning: Solar Powered Automated Rapid Transit Ascendant Networks!
ResourcesDuring the time of the Toluca workshop and after, links to pertinent resources will be provided here.
- 2007 Bubbles and Beams
- 2012 Uppsala Solar Skyways
- 2015 Spartan Superway full scale model
- 2017 Modutram test track
Competitions and Events
- Urban International Design Contest
- Podcar City
Your Prospective Clients
Perspective on Technology Developments over the years
- Doug Englebart was a very bright light in the evolution of the internet.
- He created the Augmentation Research Center ...
- ... which focused on human interactions which led to tools for collaboration which have evolved into phenomena for distributed collaboration such as Google Docs and Encitra 4D visualization.
- In San Francisco in 1969, Doug presented the Mother of all Demos.
|Prepared and presented by Ron Swenson, President, INIST|